February 27, 2011

Thank You, Desmond Shang

On the occasion of the 5th Anniversary of the Independent State of Caledon in Second Life (tm), I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to our Guvnah, Desmond Shang.
And I know what you are going to say, so just hush and listen for a minute sir :)
Thank you for envisioning a wonderful and unique place where people who shared your aesthetic could come and play.
Thank you for thoughtfully creating a Covenant that stressed respect and autonomy over drama and control.
Thank you for treating each new soul who you encounter with respect, and taking time you have never had free to help them.
Thank you for caring deeply about all of us, and sharing our joys and our sorrows for 5 years.
A personal thank you for being responsible for changing my life profoundly - setting me up in Steam SkyCity 4 years ago where I met my neighbor, that funny Mr. Volare.
And a huge thank you goes out from me to everyone who has contributed their time, energy, money and importantly their love to creating an amazing community.
Well Done!

No comments: